Lowe’s makes a great place to shop for home improvement items. In addition, it offers a variety of home appliances of high quality.
And to pay for these products, they have a variety of payment options too. What makes shopping pleasant at the same time easier is the payment process.
Among various payment forms, Apple Pay is the most popular nowadays. Many retailers are grabbing this method for its convenient using process.
So, as a popular retailer, it begs the question, “Does Lowe’s Take Apple Pay?” To clear the confusion regarding Lowe’s payment forms, go through the depth of this article.
Does Lowe’s Accept Apple Pay?
No, Lowe’s does not take Apple Pay as one of their payment options which include both in-store and online purchases. But, you can pay with cash, cards, PayPal, etc., at Lowe’s stores.
Apple has created a large number of the population comfortable using Apple products. The comfort level of Apple products makes Apple Pay a more effective payment option for them.
Many big brand retailers have embraced Apple Pay as one of their payment modes. Unfortunately, Lowe’s does not add Apple Pay to their payment options as a popular retailer.
However, it offers a variety of payment options for your in-store and online purchase. In addition, there is no option of paying with any method via NFC (Near-Field Communication).
Therefore, if you want to use your phone to pay, they have options like cards or PayPal.
What are Other Payment Methods Accepted by Lowe’s?
Currently, Apple Pay is not considered at Lowe’s stores. So as an Apple user, you must be thinking about what the alternatives to paying for your purchase are.
To provide the best customer experience possible, Lowe’s has expanded its payment options. As a result, you can shop and pay through whatever option is convenient for you.
Both iPhone users and non-iPhone users can pay through the following methods:
- Debit cards, which include: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover
- Credit cards
- Cash or personal checks
- Lowe’s Gift Cards
- Lowe’s Credit Cards
- Pay Pal (Only for online purchases)
How to Pay with Other Payment Method at Lowe’s?
Although some major retailers have adopted Apple Pay as a digital payment method, not all stores have quickly adopted the latest technology.
When choosing a payment method at Lowe’s, you have several options. Here are the steps to complete payment in each way:
- Lowe’s Advantage Credit Card: To use this for purchasing your goods, first, you need an account. While paying at the store, log into your account. Add the selected goods to your cart. Enter your card number and billing zip code to complete the payment.
- PayPal: PayPal payment method is available only for online shopping orders at Lowe’s. First, select the ‘other payment options’ link on the checkout page. Then choose PayPal from the list of options. It will redirect to the PayPal website to complete the transaction.
Besides these, Lowe’s has payment methods like cash, debit card, visa card, gift card, etc. You can use whatever is convenient for you.
Why Does Lowe’s not Accept Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a great way to make your shopping experience more convenient and straightforward. However, the payment service at Lowe’s has always been a major concern for many people.
But, it’s a pity that Lowe’s hasn’t added this to their payment method. Some of its reasons are:
- Lack of NFC Infrastructure: NFC (Near Field Communication) is a small device that Apple Pay needs while paying. It is used to scan codes from your device. Currently, Lowe’s does not have this technology in their stores. So that’s one reason why Lowe’s doesn’t accept Apple Pay.
- Transaction Fee: When a retailer uses any digital payment method, a certain amount is deducted from the customer. It’s called merchant fee. The transaction is also needed while using a credit or debit card. Apple Pay may cost more than the other forms. So customers choose other options over Apple Pay.
- Lack of Interest: A major reason may be lack of interest. Lowe’s customers sometimes find paying with Apple Pay difficult or time-consuming. They are good with existing payment options. So, Lowe’s doesn’t want to add this to their stores.
- Lowe’s have their own credit card: We know that Lowe’s has their own credit card that customers can use to make purchases. One of the possible reasons Lowe’s hasn’t accepted Apple Pay yet is that they know it will drive customers away from their credit cards. So they find it convenient not to allow Apple Pay as an option.
How to Find out Which Stores Accept Apple Pay?
Apple has become the standard mode of payment across the world. Its easy and safe process has made it popular among Apple product users.
Because of its several benefits, many major retailers are accepting this as a payment method. But not all retailers do due to several reasons.
Therefore, it is always better to know whether your preferred store accepts Apple Pay or not. So you can choose an alternative place to go. To know that take the following simple steps with your Apple Maps:
- Install the Apple Maps app on your iPhone.
- Search by the store name you wish to visit.
- Tap the relevant area to select it.
- Scroll down to know the store details.
- If the store accepts Apple Pay, a checkmark will appear next to the words “Accepts Apple Pay” below the title.
- Also, the Apple logo will be there if the store accepts it.
Also Check: Does Sam’s Club Take Apple Pay?
Deliver the right home improvement products with the best service and value to the channels and communities we serve. Lowe’s has been serving its customers since 1921 with this mission.
Lowe’s is the second largest home improvement company serving people around the world. From a small town hardware store to now one of the largest companies, the journey has not been easy.
In 1921, L. S Lowe’s opened Lowe’s North Wilkesboro Hardware; he used to sell sewing notions, dry goods, horse tack, snuff produce, groceries, and hardware.
After Lowe died in 1940, the business was inherited by his daughter. She sold the company to her brother James the same year. In 1943 James took his brother-in-law Carl Buchan as a partner.
Lowe’s currently operates more than 2,355 locations in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Lowe’s headquarter is in Mooresville, North Carolina, USA.
Lowe’s will draw you in with its best customer service and access to products at fair prices. In addition, its selection of hand tools with detailed and high-end products is not easily founded in other stores.
Home appliances, cabinets, decking, fencing, home accessibility, HVAC service, play sets, windows, water softeners, etc., are the product assortment of Lowe’s.
Lowe’s serves its customers with flexible timing. You will find its stores open from early morning to late night for the whole week.
On weekdays (Monday to Friday), stores are available from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM in most locations. Saturday hour is the same as weekday, from 6:00 Am to 10:00 PM.
On Sunday, it opens one hour late, closes one hour earlier, and is available from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
However, there might be changes in operating hours in some locations. Therefore, verifying Lowe’s hours might be a great idea before visiting.
There is no doubt that Apple Pay is one of the best creations of Apple that has simplified the payment process. As Apple Pay grows in popularity, many retailers are set up to accept this payment method.
While many companies have started accepting Apple Pay, Lowe’s has not yet. However, other payment options like cash, card, and gift cards are available at Lowe’s.
You can go to this post for more information about the payment options of Lowe’s and the process to use those.
Hope you found your answers if you were searching for ‘Does Lowe’s take Apple Pay?’ in this article.