The digital payment system has taken the place of cash payment over the few years. People are turning to a contactless payment system than the old traditional method.
Among these digital payment methods, Apple Pay has become a favorite among iOS users. In addition, Apple Pay is developing its payment standards that make payments more manageable.
A growing number of big box stores allow Apple Pay, and many are yet to add the Apple Pay payment system.
Fred Meyer is one of the biggest superstores in America and is the pioneer of the concept of a one-stop shop. As an iPhone user, you must be thinking, “Does Fred Meyer Take Apple Pay?”
Let’s go to the article where all your answers are given.
Does Fred Meyer Accept Apple Pay?
No, Fred Meyer does not accept Apple Pay. However, it has other contactless payment alternatives to use.
Many stores are listed to use Apple Pay as a payment method. Unfortunately, Fred Meyer is not on that list. Therefore, instead of Apple Pay, you can use its mobile payment app Kroger Pay.
Paying with Apple Pay is even faster. In addition, transactions can be done with a single tap, improving customer experience. But, despite the benefits, Fred Meyer didn’t add this payment method.
Though Fred Meyer doesn’t have the Apple Pay option to pay for your purchase, you can still make it through Kroger Pay which is similar to Apple Pay.
You need to download Kroger Pay and create an account to pay using the contactless method.
What are Other Payment Methods Accepted by Fred Meyer?
Though Fred Meyer does not accept Apple Pay to pay for your purchase, they have other payment options. In addition, they ensure all you can enjoy their products and services.
Fred Meyer offers several forms of payment options for customers. So, you can use whatever you are comfortable with.
Other payment methods that are available at Fred Meyer are below:
- Fred Meyer’s Rewards MasterCard
- Kroger Rewards Debit Card
- Visa cards
- Discover cards
- American Express cards
- Debit cards
- Prepaid cards
- Fred Meyer’s gift cards
- Personal checks
How to Pay with Other Payment Method at Fred Meyer?
Since Fred Meyer doesn’t allow Apple Pay to make payment for the purchase, they have several options to do it. However, they don’t want you to deprive of their services. Follow the following guideline to use other payment methods.
- Kroger Pay: Kroger Pay is the contactless payment option at Fred Meyer. Download Kroger Pay on the Apple Pay store or Google Play. If you do not have an account, set up a new one. Add a credit or debit card to the app. While paying, open Kroger Pay. Scan the QR code, and your payment is made.
- Kroger Rewards Debit Card: To pay with Kroger Rewards Debit Card, swipe the card. Then enter a pin, and the fund will be taken. With this, you can enjoy 50% more fuel points on everyday grocery purchases.
- EBT/SNAP: To pay with a SNAP/EBT card, place your pickup order online through your Kroger app. Make sure you choose “EBT at Pickup.” After arriving at the pickup location, swipe your EBT card to complete the transaction.
- Scan, Bag, Go: To use the service, you need to enter the payment card information on the scanner or your mobile device. Your payment card will be charged for the amount of your order. Inspect your order for accuracy and confirm your payment.
Why Does Fred Meyer not Accept Apple Pay?
Despite of enormous benefits of using Apple Pay as a payment method, Fred Meyer does not allow this. This has always been a questionable issue.
There is no official reason that Fred Meyer has given. However, there could be several reasons for not accepting Apple Pay at Fred Meyer.
- The fast and foremost is they have a substitute for Apple Pay, named Kroger Pay. Fred Meyer runs under Kroger Company and receives its payments through Kroger Pay which is pretty much the same as Apple Pay.
- Another reason is the disinterest of the customers in using Apple Pay. An experiment shows that some people have no interest in using Apple Pay. So, Fred Meyer decides not to add this to their payment system.
- Not ensuring the quality of payment infrastructure and providing other options to customers at lower fees could be a cause for not taking Apple Pay payments. Also, Apple Pay is relatively more expensive than the other methods.
How to Find out Which Stores Accept Apple Pay?
While a growing number of retail stores offer customers the Apple Pay option as a payment method, several stores are still not on that list. Fred Meyer is one of them.
If you are an iPhone user interested in paying with Apple Pay, you need to search for an alternative retail store where you will find Apple Pay.
You must be aware of which stores accept Apple Pay and which do not before visiting. Follow the steps below to determine if your favorite store allows Apple Pay.
- Open the iPhone’s Apple Maps application.
- Search by the name of the store you want to go to.
- Choose and tap the appropriate place.
- Scroll down to find out more about that store.
- If the company accepts Apple Pay, a checkmark and the words “Accepts Apple Pay” will display beneath the title “Useful to Know.” The Apple Pay logo is another sign you’ll see.
About Fred Meyer
A one-stop shop is a blessing for shopping lovers. This saves you from going to many stores. Fred Meyer Superstore fits well into this category as it is known as a pioneer of the one-stop-shop concept.
Fred Meyer is a complete package with high-quality products at a low price. It offers its services through 141 locations across the United States, with headquarters in Portland, Oregon, USA.
You can enjoy grocery, drugstore, clothing, jewelry, bank, home décor, garden, electronics, restaurant, shoes, sporting goods, and toys all in one place, that is Fred Meyer.
People used to go to different stores to shop for their daily needs. That time Fred G. Meyer came up with the one-stop-shop concept and opened the first Fred Meyer store in Portland in 1922.
Fred G Meyer’s idea has helped customers to find all under one roof with a mission to offer customers friendly service, value, cleanliness, and quality from beginning to today.
Fred Meyer hours are pretty much convenient for all. This hypermarket opens from early morning to late evening and works for almost 15 hours.
On weekdays (Monday to Friday), Fred Meyer locations are available from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
There are no changes in the weekend operating hours. For Saturday and Sunday, the hours are the same as the regular days, from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
Operating hours might vary by location. So, verifying the hours before visiting might be a better idea.
Check Fred Meyer pharmacy hours to learn what time does this pharmacy open and close.
Being a convenient and easy payment process, Apple Pay is the new demand of every iPhone user. As a result, many retailers have added Apple Pay in the payment section to meet the customer’s demand.
But not all retailers do this. Unfortunately, Fred Meyer is on this list. They do not accept payment through Apple Pay for in-store and online purchases.
Instead of Apple Pay, they kept Kroger Pay and other alternatives like cash, cards, checks, etc., to pay for your goods and services.
This article has detailed information about Fred Meyer’s payment option and its process. We hope from the above you can solve your problem of “Does Fred Meyer Take Apple Pay?”