IKEA began as a mail order catalog company operating out of the small Swedish town of lmhult and has now expanded to become a global home furnishings company with locations all over the world.
IKEA products are available both offline and online, and most of all, they make payment simple and straightforward by offering nearly all available payment options, including in-house financing.
However, you might consider using digital payment methods like Apple Pay to make purchasing your favorite things from IKEA stores as convenient as possible.
“Does IKEA Take Apple Pay?”- along with more information on how to maximize Apple Pay, we have answered this question in this post.
Does IKEA Accept Apple Pay?
Yes, IKEA does accept Apple Pay and all other major credit cards, cash, debit cards, and contactless payment methods in all locations.
The majority of IKEA’s cash registers are equipped with NFC chips. Smartphone users can quickly make payments using their favorite contactless method, such as Apple Pay.
This implies that you can use an iPhone, Apple Watch, or iPad to pay for IKEA items in stores. IKEA’s adoption of Apple Pay has improved customers’ shopping experiences by making payments quick, easy, and secure.
Apple Pay not only makes purchases swift and safe, but it also keeps track of your spending. Additionally, the chance of card theft is eliminated.
There is over 113 million iPhone users in the United States, accounting for about 47 percent of all smartphone users in the country.
More than 2.5 million retail businesses in the US accept Apple Pay, covering 85% of all US merchants.
How to Use Apple Pay at IKEA Store?
You might have missed a quick and secure payment gateway if you’ve never used Apple Pay to make payments at an IKEA store or through the IKEA app.
IKEA stores make it simple to use Apple Pay. During checkout, you just need to tap your Apple device on the payment terminal, which takes a few seconds.
How to use Apple Pay at IKEA stores on iPhones and iPads:
- When you are done shopping and ready to make a purchase, press the right-side button twice to open your Apple Wallet. If the shortcut doesn’t work, open your Apple Wallet directly.
- To verify your identity, use a Touch ID or Face ID.
- Choose the credit or debit card you want to use for the purchase.
- Bring your iPhone up close to the contactless reader.
- The transaction will be promptly debited to your card.
- The word “done” may appear on the screen and your iPhone may vibrate at the same time.
How to use Apple Pay at IKEA stores with your Apple Watch:
- Click the side button twice.
- To select a card, scroll.
- Hold your Apple Watch with the display towards the contactless card reader at a distance of a few millimeters.
- The transmission of the payment information is confirmed with a gentle tap and beep. When the transaction is approved, you get a notification in the notification center.
Are There Any Fees for Using Apple Pay at IKEA?
No, Apple does not charge any fees when you use Apple Pay — in stores, online, or in apps.
The cost that was quoted to you when you made your purchases is the same as the amount that will appear on your monthly credit or debit card statement.
Does IKEA Take Apple Pay Online?
Yes, Apple Pay is accepted on the IKEA website. You will be able to use Apple Pay throughout the checkout process if Apple Pay is enabled on your device.
Over a million stores presently accept Apple Pay, including your favorite online retailers as well as grocery stores, clothing boutiques, restaurants, and hotels.
To participate, your iPhone must be model 6 or later. To pay at the register, just search for one of Apple Pay symbols.
How to Use Apple Pay at IKEA Online
We suggest you use Safari when making a purchase on the IKEA website because Apple devices detect Safari better than other browsers.
You can use Apple Pay to pay at IKEA online store or apps. How to do it is as follows:
- By tapping the Apple Pay button or selecting it from the drop-down menu, you can select Apple Pay as your preferred method of payment.
- To pay with a different card, tap the Next or Expand Menu buttons next to your default card.
- As needed, enter your billing, shipping, and contact information. Apple Pay will remember your information, so you won’t have to enter it again.
- Examine the payment. Before using Face ID or your passcode on an iPhone or iPad with Face ID, press and hold the side button twice.
- Use Touch ID or your passcode if Face ID isn’t available on your iPhone or iPad. Twice, press and hold the Apple Watch’s side button.
- Put your finger on your Mac’s Touch ID, then follow to the Touch Bar’s instructions. Click the Apple Pay icon on the Touch Bar and follow the on-screen instructions if Touch ID isn’t working.
- Use your Bluetooth-enabled iPhone or Apple Watch to verify the transaction if your Mac doesn’t have Touch ID. Please make use of the same Apple ID for all of your devices.
- A checkmark and the word “Done” will display on the website after your payment has been processed.
What is the Cashback Policy of Using Apple Pay at IKEA?
Yes, you can get Cash Back at IKEA locations when you use Apple Pay if you have the Apple Card and add it to your Apple Pay via your iPhone wallet. Using an Apple Pay Card will earn you up to 3% cashback on every purchase.
Additionally, there are no transactional restrictions on the cashback, so you can earn it each time you complete a transaction.
On Apple’s official website, you can see if you’re eligible for the cashback. On the website, you can also get a complete list of the exact terms and conditions for the cashback.
It is a good idea to use your Apple Pay Card to gain cashback if you shop frequently. With continued use, you’ll wind up saving a ton of money.
What are the Other IKEA Payment Methods?
IKEA supports a variety of payment options both in-person and online through its website. These include contactless payment options and all common credit and debit cards.
So long as your preferred payment method is connected, you can use your smartphone to pay for your IKEA purchases.
IKEA accepts the following payment methods, alongside Apple Pay:
- VISA Electron
- American Express
- Android Pay
- Google Pay
- IKEA Home Cards
- IKEA Gift Cards
What Payment Methods IKEA Does Not Accept?
With so many available payment methods, some of them are still not accepted by IKEA. These primarily consist of items having a “Buy now, pay later” policy.
Here, a couple of these options are mentioned:
- Zip Pay
The most well-liked store for people looking for chic furniture and contemporary home furnishings is IKEA.
The biggest furniture retailer in the globe offers a variety of affordable items like living room furniture, kitchen cabinets, patio furniture, bathroom vanities, and ergonomic office equipment.
The retailer is also well-known for its eco-friendly interior design work and produces ready-to-assemble furniture, home decor, and kitchen appliances.
IKEA stores in the United States typically open at 10:00 AM and close at 9:00 PM Monday through Saturday. In addition, they operate between 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Sundays.
However, you may wonder if IKEA hours of operation is the same in your area. On the other hand, IKEA hours of operation may change on specific holidays. So, we suggest you also check IKEA holiday hours.
Nearly all mobile wallet services, including Apple Pay, Google Pay, Android Pay, and others, are now accepted at IKEA. It also accepts credit and debit cards from American Express, MasterCard, and VISA.
IKEA has improved the shopping experiences of its consumers by embracing Apple Pay as a form of payment.
You can pay for all of your IKEA shopping needs with a swipe of your iPhone’s screen or a push of the button on your Apple Watch.